ATtiny20 arduino compatible?

Is the ATtiny bootloader compatible with the attiny20 cause that would be amazing looking at the size of it. If not what is the smallest chip that is compatible with Arduino bootloader.

The ‘20 isn’t supported probably because it lacks hardware serial.

There are much better “tiny” choices supported here

If you can work with a QFN package, you have a good array of choices of well-supported ATtiny AVRs in a 4x4 mm package. Or even ATmega if you can spare the room for 5 x 5 mm.

For adding ATtiny support to the Arduino IDE, I recommend ATTinyCore: https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore

pert: If you can work with a QFN package, you have a good array of choices of well-supported ATtiny AVRs in a 4x4 mm package. Or even ATmega if you can spare the room for 5 x 5 mm.

For adding ATtiny support to the Arduino IDE, I recommend ATTinyCore: https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore

Two things: 1. You don't need the Arduino bootloader to program an AVR (assuming you have a core for it - I don't think there's one for the t20 though) - you can program w/out bootloader using an ISP programmer (USBAsp, other arduino as ISP, USBTinyISP, etc) 2. My core is about to be updated to provide a serial bootloader for a whole bunch more parts including some with 4k of flash (I decided against ones for the 2k parts, because Arduino is already painful to use with only 2k of flash because of the overhead of arduino library functions and pin lookup, and losing 30% of that flash to the bootloader would leave something that wasn't really useful w/in the context of Arduino). Even boards that don't have hardware serial.

Awesome love you core its great. 4x4mm is small but the 1.2x1.2mm of the tiny20 just intrested me. I unfortunaly dont have the skill or platform to program them without arduino bootloader. Does your core libary support HID.h? I am prob gonna use the 1634 since it has 2x UART let alone the 4x4 size for all that much better than the atmega32u4 if you ask me.

Also Since your here now does your 1634 board have a scematic somewhere so i can use that afther I am done protyping and want to make something 1634 based myself.