ATtiny45 + OLED Display

Hi,

I'm trying to shrinkify my Arduino project by using ATtiny45. Basically I want to read voltage from ADC and plot the graph on 128x64 I2C OLED Display but I have a problem with OLED libraries (Adafruit-GFX-Library-master, Adafruit-SSD1306-master or U8glib) because I can't verify or upload any example from these libraries.

Keep getting errors like these:

In file included from HelloWorld.ino:42:0:
C:\Users\Mateusz\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib/U8glib.h:200:58: error: '__FlashStringHelper' does not name a type
u8g_uint_t drawStr(u8g_uint_t x, u8g_uint_t y, const __FlashStringHelper *s) { return u8g_DrawStrP(&u8g, x, y, (u8g_pgm_uint8_t *)s); }
^
C:\Users\Mateusz\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib/U8glib.h:200:79: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 's' with no type [-fpermissive]
u8g_uint_t drawStr(u8g_uint_t x, u8g_uint_t y, const __FlashStringHelper *s) { return u8g_DrawStrP(&u8g, x, y, (u8g_pgm_uint8_t *)s); }

I'm using Arduino as ISP, board ATtiny45 @ 8MHz (ATtiny core for Arduino "arduino-tiny"). With basic Arduino functions the microcontroller works fine (tried Blink).

Could you tell me what might be the problem? Maybe I've missed something.

When you compile it for your full size Arduino, how much sram and flash shoes it take?

The 45 only has 256 bytes of sram, and 4k flash. Also, it doesn't have a normal i2c, it's got a usi.

I think the error you're seeing though, is complaining that the FlashStringHelper type is not defined (that's related to the F() macro)

Thanks for feedback.
Do you guys have any suggestions what other library could I use? Anyone tried using ATtiny with OLED?

For attiny85, the Digispsrk guys have a solution:
DigiSpark

I simply do not think the library code can be squeezed down to t45 SRAM values.

Ray