ATTiny85 through arduino

Hi there, I just wanted to check something with you guys, and this seems like the right place and posting to post it, i playing around with programming a ATTiny85 through an arduino got it all wired up, code is compiling with no issues, i have not uploaded it or done anything else with it, i just wanted to check a few things before i burn out my mcu, or do anything stupid, i have been going off this tutorial : http://www.kobakant.at/DIY/?p=3742

As you guys deal with arduino's and multiple levels of programming on a variety of mcu's, i would rather ask here, if this tutorial correct, i am not using the code from there, just the methodology, mainly im looking to ensure i can burn bootloader to the ATTiny85 through the arduino, and i have seen within a forum something regarding setting of fuses for ATTiny85, how wouldi go about doing this, Just looking for info and thank you

mainly im looking to ensure i can burn bootloader to the ATTiny85 through the arduino,

Normally, we do not use a bootloader with t85. Rather, you use the Tools/ Burn Bootloader option with the board.txt file to set the fuses on the uC through the other Arduino running ArduinoISP. So, burn bootloader is a procedure that should be done before File/Upload Using Programmer.

Here is another link

Ray

thank you

warner: thank you

I have a few t85 projects up on my blog... one has some deep-sleep code. Most of the code is documented to a degree :o

Good luck,

Ray

My Projects