Audio coding and Imputing into a diy car

I am doing a diy car project for my science class and i am currently in phase 1 which is just getting my car together. I am doing a 3v car and I want to code music and imput it in my car and make it work but I am not even sure if this is possible. I was wondering which product would be best for me and if i could have any advice on what to do.

What is a "3v car"?

Steve

You need to provide more detail, but up front I'd say its always possible to add audio to something, its not exactly rocket science.

I want to code music and [input] it in my car and make it work

I don't know what that means either...

You can "input" music to an Arduino and it can react to the music (such as flashing lights to the loudness/beat, etc.) or you could make the car move when there is sound.

The Arduino itself can only output simple square wave tones (like a musical greeting card).

If you want to play MP3s (or something like that) you need an "audio shield" (an add-on board).

It's like a 3 Volt motor car that I have to make for my physical science class but thank you

jadasarbaugh: It's like a 3 Volt motor car that I have to make for my physical science class but thank you

Some idea of the size, power source, etc is always helpful if you want appropriate answers....

Sorry but if the only thing you can tell us about this car is that it is 3 volts then we're not going to be able to help. E.g. does it have an Arduino in it? What sort? Is it supposed to do anything except play music, like maybe move in some way?

Steve

sorry i'm new to all of this and I don't really understand. Yes the car is supposed to move and I have that part figured out. The car does not have an Arduino in it. The size of the car is about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide and the power source is a tiny 3 voltage motor and a fan glued onto a gear.