Audio output to Arduino Nano

I’m working on a project where I’m using a WT588D sound module and I would like the speaker output from the module to go to a Arduino Nano and give me a PWM output signal to fluctuate the needle of a 0.25ma analog gauge with the sound. I’ve accomplished this already using a microphone sensor module with the Nano and using some coding on how to flash an led with the mic module input, but I would like to eliminate the mic and have the speaker output go directly to the Nano.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've accomplished this already using a microphone sensor module with the Nano and using some coding on how to flash an led with the mic module input, but I would like to eliminate the mic and have the speaker output go directly to the Nan**2 resistors to bias the input and a capacitor to isolate the bias from the amplifier**o.

(You can leave-out the 47nF cap).

I assume your microphone module was similarly biased (so silence reads about 512)?

I'm using a WT588D sound module

I don't know anything about that module, but if it has a "virtual ground" for the headphone-speaker connection, don't connect the virtual ground to the Arduino. Connect the sound module's regular power-ground to Arduino-ground.

Hi DVDdoug, thanks for the reply.

This is the sound module I’m using:

WT588D 28P 32M

More detailed info here:

WT588D PDF