Audio play problems with Arduino and LM386 amplifier

I am using an Arduino mega and a GPS receiver neo6m interfaced with the sound amplifier circuit which uses LM386 and a speaker connected to the amplifier.Now normal ringtones in wav file format are easily getting played through the speaker.Problem occurs when I use a converted version of my own recorded voice.It just plays something static.
The conversion to wav file format is have used are
Samples per second = 16000Hz
Channels = Mono
Bits per sample = 8

Can you play your own recorded files via Microsoft's Media Player successfully to determine whether it's your files or the setup?

I am using an Arduino mega and a GPS receiver neo6m interfaced with the sound amplifier circuit which uses LM386 and a speaker connected to the amplifier.

Do you have an audio shield or a digital-to-analog converter, etc? The Mega itself doesn't have a true analog output and it can't play your voice (or an MP3 or WAV) without additional hardware. It can only play basic "tones".

Now normal ringtones in wav file format are easily getting played ...

...The conversion to wav file format is have used are
Samples per second = 16000Hz
Channels = Mono
Bits per sample = 8

Are you sure the ringtones are the same format? It's unusual for a ringtone to be uncompressed WAV. (They are often MP3 or another compressed format.)

Do those ringtones have "real instrument" sounds and maybe vocals, or are they simple computer-like tones.

You can check and compare the format details with [u]Mediainfo[/u].

[/b]

DVDdoug:
Do you have an audio shield or a digital-to-analog converter, etc? The Mega itself doesn't have a true analog output and it can't play your voice (or an MP3 or WAV) without additional hardware. It can only play basic "tones".

Are you sure the ringtones are the same format? It's unusual for a ringtone to be uncompressed WAV. (They are often MP3 or another compressed format.)

Do those ringtones have "real instrument" sounds and maybe vocals, or are they simple computer-like tones.

You can check and compare the format details with [u]Mediainfo[/u].

[/b]

I am not using additional hardware.The ringtones are like a siren and a car honking.