Audio Player questions

Hi guys, I’ve been looking at various mp3 player type shields and audio players but I think my requirements are a bit beyond their capabilites possibly.

What I need is to be able to press one of 4 buttons that each play a specific audio file (mp3 format) and press it again to stop. Each button controls a different track and it needs to be able to play all 4 simultaneously. and it needs to be stereo, or 1 speaker for 2 tracks and another for the other 2.
I’ve not found anything that mentions having these features and never worked with audio before so it’s time I ask for help.

Might seem like a bit of an odd request but if anyone can help I’m bound to find them here.

I don't think you'll find any shield that can ply multiple tracks at the same time. Decoding mp3 is not a trivial task. Performing that for multiple files at once will probably exceed the ability of all the commercial mp3 shields.

I think you will have to use multiple players. You will be spending about $20 per player for breakout boards. You'll have to combine the outputs and add an amplifier to get good volume.

Some easy to use inexpensive MP3 player modules. http://www.mdfly.com/search.php?search_query=mp3 Send simple serial.write commands to select a song, start, stop. Combine outputs with simple resistor/op-amp summing amplifier to power amp.

Thanks for the info. I might just have a go at using standard mp3 players. Seems like it'll be easier and cheaper. Plus it will finally give me an excuse to work out how to use switch case!