Audio Word Recognition and Alerts

Hey All,

Very specific question here for a problem I'm seeking a creative solution to. My house has an alley and one of my neighbors has a basketball hoop in the alley. For the last year or so, we've had kids from an adjoining neighborhood coming to play ball on their 'court.' These kids are economically disadvantaged, so most of the neighbors have been happy to give them a place to play (they courts in their neighborhood are dominated by men and older children).

We've been experiencing a growing problem, however; these kids have mouths and they love to use them...aggressively. I've had to kick them out for language a couple times, and my wife did the same yesterday, with very poor outcomes.

I don't want to have to monitor them, or risk missing language that will impact the children who live in my neighborhood. But I also don't want to completely ban them and create a greater rift between my neighborhood and theirs.

A possible solution I've come up with is a monitoring device that listens for key spoken words and sends an alert whenever detected.

Just checking on feasibility and ethical concerns for such a device.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

herrma29: .... I don't want to have to monitor them, or risk missing language that will impact the children who live in my neighborhood. But I also don't want to completely ban them and create a greater rift between my neighborhood and theirs.

A possible solution I've come up with is a monitoring device that listens for key spoken words and sends an alert whenever detected.

Just checking on feasibility and ethical concerns for such a device.

Any thoughts?

An Arduino is not suitable for doing voice recognition and doing it outdoors in an uncontrolled situation is particularly difficult.

It also seems like a very bad idea. The world will continue even if you miss some swearing and I doubt that the children in your neighborhood will not have heard it all before. Children are being monitored too much already.