Aurdino bt

i was wonderin if the bluetooth on arduino bt connected to rs232 or not?

http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino_bt06.pdf does not look like it.

i was wonderin if the bluetooth on arduino bt connected to rs232 or not?

I’m not sure I fully understand your question, but the bluetooth module is the wt11 from bluegiga which does have a serial RS232 interface which does connect to the ATMega chip on the Arduino using RS232 (though at logic level voltages not the usual +/- 12V).

Also, JP2 is connected to the Tx/Rx signals. It should be possible to set the Tx/Rx pins on the Atmega to a high impedance state and connect your rs232 (at logic levels) to JP2 to drive the blue tooth module directly.

What are you trying to do with it?

Regards,

Mike

well i want to make a robot which is connected via bluetooth, where the pc will send instructions to the mcu and gives it instructions like dribe forward, turn left and etc. it would be nice if i could use the bluetooth on arduino bt to communicate with mcu directly this would save me a lot of time.

You can do this with the Arduino BT and a PC. You need to set up a BlueTooth serial port on the PC - you need to do this anyway in order to send your program to the Arduino - then you can write code for the arduino that listens for commands coming in on the serial port.

Theer are other bluetooth modules around that can be used with other Arduinos. I bought an Arduino BT for a project, but being honest buying a diecimila and a bluetooth modem may well have been a better solution.

Regards,

Mike

why is that? is working with arduino bt that difficult? Ive never worked with arduinos before but Ive had a lot of experience with arms and pics. this project is my first wireless project tho!

why is that? is working with arduino bt that difficult?

I actually think the ArduinoBT is a very nice board. I love the input voltage range and the little switcher they’ve used.

I guess having a wired connection to the Arduino and then a wired connection to the bluetooth modem feels more robust. On Windows the virtual bluetooth serial ports did take a little bit of work to get going, whereas the USB connection to a Diecimila just works for me.

Of course it depends on your application and environment, but I was just saying there are alternatives to using the ArduinoBT.

Regards,

Mike

I blew a BT up, 2ft sparks and blue smoke - before I even got to play with it, so I got another one and found it as robust as having an NG on USB cable =)

I blew a BT up, 2ft sparks and blue smoke

I bet your heart beat faster for a short while - lol

What did you do to it?