I developed an application for the Yun. A simple sketch, but a lot of python code, requiring a lot of Yun ‘upgrades’ (package installs, OS to SD, swap partitions, …)
Now I would like to distribute this setup in a way that less technical people can still get it to work.
What I was thinking of (procedure):
- people get the Yun setup on their network
- people download setup.hex from website.
- people use the web interface to program this setup.hex
- people reset Yun and setup.hex starts:
– download (linux) script from website
– execute this script: the goal is that this script does the main “install” (package installs, OS to SD, swap partitions). It will also download a new .ex file that at the end gets programmed.
- anything like this that already exists?
- any problems you expect?
- i want the Yun to be the latest version, can this be scripted easily?
- how to manage different Yun versions? E.g. someone might have bought an old Yun that does not even have the sketch upload version.