Auto reset on nano 3

I'm finding the auto reset function on my nano 3 to be causing problems. Is there any way to disable it other than cutting a trace? I read in the playground about a 120 ohm between reset and 5v I think it was but that was an UNO. Does that work for a nano?

Try it.

Gladly. I just don't know if it will damage anything.

Looking at the circuit, I can't see how it would damage anything. Keep in mind, the only circuit I have to look at is the original Nano. Clones might be different, but I still cannot imagine how it would hurt anything.

Thank you for your efforts! I do have 2 so I will try it on my bench testing model first.

Curious, what do you mean by original vs clones? You mean knockoffs? Mine have gravitech.us on them so I assume they are "authentic" but I suppose the Chinese can put whatever they want on them.

Yes, they can and do.

Any way to tell?

OK. So I ended up trying the capacitor as it made more sense to me than the resistor option. I used a 10uf cap between reset and ground. My nano no longer auto resets. Obviously it has to be removed to upload code the "typical" way but I find after trying and repeating several times, if you initiate upload, wait for it to finish compiling and hit the reset button (external or onboard) right as it switches to uploading, it works every time. Perfect! No more reboots when I launch GPS or OBD2 scanning.

Hopefully this will help somebody. Thanks to those who helped me.

This really helped me. Thanks very much

moxified: OK. So I ended up trying the capacitor as it made more sense to me than the resistor option. I used a 10uf cap between reset and ground. My nano no longer auto resets. Obviously it has to be removed to upload code the "typical" way but I find after trying and repeating several times, if you initiate upload, wait for it to finish compiling and hit the reset button (external or onboard) right as it switches to uploading, it works every time. Perfect! No more reboots when I launch GPS or OBD2 scanning.

Hopefully this will help somebody. Thanks to those who helped me.