Autocopy Flashdrive

I was thinking if it be possible that by using arduino you could just plug in a flash drive and automatically copy all the files to another flash drive?

What do you want to plug the flash drive into?

What, exactly, do you mean by "flash drive"?

Copy all "what" files?

Where are the files you want to copy?

Will you have permission to copy them?

...R

USB i mean.. I just want to make it to my self like if i'm in a hurry and i had my USB with me and instead of sitting infront of a computer copying it, i'm just gonna plug it in and automatically copies all the files in my other USB.

It’d be slow, really slow.
You need a device that can be a USB Master to control the 2 USB slaves.
A Raspberry Pi would be better suited to copy from one 1 USB stick to another.

so perhaps using a Raspberry Pi would do the job?, I was just curious if it would work.
in that case, first thing I would do is to program that serves as a Master control a brain? then from USB 1 all the files will be copied to USB 2 through it.

Thank you so much.

What about autorun.inf? will that work too?

USB sticks have Gigabytes of storage R-Pi I think may only have Megabytes - 1000 times less, You will not be to download and then upload all. 1 file at a time, and even that maybe only in pieces.

autorun.inf - isn't that a windows thing?

Oh.. Okay, in other words still basic copying and pasting files on computer works a lot faster?
well that solves my curiousity, Thank you so much for that information, I sure need it, and if any further information that would be much appreciated.

Are you after something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Portable-Duplicator-Tester-EZ2USB/dp/B003N4D7BE?ie=UTF8&Version=1&entries=0

Yes, Just like that except its homemade.

Look into a Raspberry Pi then

do it with a RasPi, DD command. it aint auto, but it works.....

123Splat:
do it with a RasPi, DD command. it aint auto, but it works.....

You could probably rig up some way to detect that a USB drive was plugged in. Or use a button to tell it to copy once you have two plugged in and kick off the copy command in response to that.

iRalph:
USB i mean.. I just want to make it to my self like if i'm in a hurry and i had my USB with me and instead of sitting infront of a computer copying it, i'm just gonna plug it in and automatically copies all the files in my other USB.

Nothing is going to copy it any faster than your PC can.

Don't sit in front of it. Go get a coffee.

And the standard PC software will make it less likely that you make a stupid mistake such as blindly copying B to A when you actually meant to copy A to B.

...R

iRalph:
Yes, Just like that except its homemade.

This implies that you do not want to use it seriously.