Automate 14v 1.4w light possible?

I have a unique situation.

My 93 RX7 has a modified ECU that doesn't control the Check Engine Light, a 14v 1.4w lamp. This prevents me from passing smog on the visual inspection, the funny thing is the modern ECU actually reduces total pollution. I still have the stock ECU and passing smog is as simple as a 5 minute installation of the old ECU which is by the passenger kick panel and simple enough. Being somewhat a nerd I started thinking about having an arduino control the CEL lamp. Currently a lot of guys just wire the lamp in line with another lamp but that is just too simple.

I was wondering how feasible it would be to use an arduino connected to the ignition switch to receive the correct power on signal to illuminate the lamp for a set period of time and then turn off. Is this possible?

This would be an expensive way to do this as there are already a lot of working options but it was fun to think about and if I could build this I so totally would lol.

Savicious: This would be an expensive way to do this as there are already a lot of working options

Sure would. A NE555 would do the job perfectly well, requires the transistor you are going to have to have to switch the light anyway and you would want a 7805 as well to limit the voltage on the NE555 to its specs.

Now if you want an Arduino to emulate a NE555, well, it certainly can ...

Mods please delete thread. No longer need help and this thread is just litter.

Savicious:
Mods please delete thread. No longer need help and this thread is just litter.

That’s not how things work.

Did you not like my (correct and accurate) answer?