Automate a Junction for a plastic car track.

Hi everyone,

So I got my toddler this car track which has junctions in it but hes a bit young to understand them and if you dont move them when a car passes then they end up crashing.

I want to play with the arduino and somehow do some automation or even a little control box etc.

The issue is the junction is totally plastic and really only works using your hands to move it. there is no mechanical lever either.

The green thing near the blue rotation platform

I was thinking of playing with.... magnets or something or is this a really complex idea?
I'm quite new to arduino so i know even know what components could exist that could help me get the mechanics of moving it, but as for the code and triggers I can have a brainstorm about what I want to do there.

Thanks for any ideas!

Hi,
OPs picture,
71s32RUUVML.SL320.jpg
Tom... :slight_smile:

71s32RUUVML.SL320.jpg

If this was my problem I think I would use a servo to move the junction switcher. Perhaps glue something to the junction switcher to make a lever that projects beyond the track so that the lever could be moved with the servo.

Whether all that would be considered an improvement by the toddler is another matter - toddlers usually enjoy crashes.

...R

gangel77:
So I got my toddler this car track which has junctions in it but hes a bit young to understand them and if you don't move them when a car passes then they end up crashing.

As has been pointed out, this is in itself a learning experience!

Toddler will learn quicker than you will build!