Automatic Air Humidifier

So, I want to make a system that automatically humidifies a hermit crab tank if the humidity drops below a certain amount. Is this possible, and what would I need to do it?

Dropping the temperature would raise the humidity.

Paul

AlphaWest:
So, I want to make a system that automatically humidifies a hermit crab tank if the humidity drops below a certain amount. Is this possible, and what would I need to do it?

Quite possible.

You may need some sort of device that controls, makes decisions, monitors humidity, and operates the humidifier unit. Something like an Arduino Uno would work.

A sensor to monitor humidity and most, also, monitor temperature.

Some kind of humidifier unit and some way to operate it, such as energize de energize, a relay may do.

Wires.

A breadboard would be good for development.

Some wires.

A computer to operate the IDE and some kind of cable to connect the computer to the IDE.

Some time to sit down and figure out the code.

I am sure a few more items may be needed but those would get you started.

http://www.circuitbasics.com/how-to-set-up-the-dht11-humidity-sensor-on-an-arduino/
Try this it would monitor it not sure if possible to increase or decrease humidity/temp once it gets to a certain threshold

Yes it is possible
you need some sensor for temperature controls and montoring the temperature. other things are well explained in the above comments.

best air purifier and humidifier (air washer) combo for large rooms and offices

BME280
dollar water pump
Hose
Rocks
Water pan

When RH is low. Run pump
Rock gets wet
Surface area evaporation cause increase in RH

RH takes time. Check once a minute and aftafter 3 to 5 minutes run pump for 30 seconds.

If you log readings you'll find best run times

AlphaWest disappeared in 2018 and has not been seen since.

Paul