Automatic Alarm Clock

Hello my idea here is as follows:

I would like to make alarm clock that reads information from my Google Calendar account, and sets itself accordingly to when I have to wake up (for school, work, etc.). The things I know I will need:

• LCD for Time
  • Something to connect to wifi or ethernet
  • Piezo buzzer or a speaker(I have heard that you can't use speakers without additional hardware but I got a 8ohm speaker from an old stereo set to work using the same code I used for a piezo element
  • Hook-Up Wires

What else will I need to make this work, or is it not feasible (or possible) to make

Bresser: Hello my idea here is as follows:

I would like to make alarm clock that reads information from my Google Calendar account, and sets itself accordingly to when I have to wake up (for school, work, etc.). The things I know I will need:

• LCD for Time
  • Something to connect to wifi or ethernet
  • Piezo buzzer or a speaker(I have heard that you can't use speakers without additional hardware but I got a 8ohm speaker from an old stereo set to work using the same code I used for a piezo element
  • Hook-Up Wires

What else will I need to make this work, or is it not feasible (or possible) to make

A little ambitious for your first project. You will find that to interface to Google Calendar you need to use HTTPS - none of the Arduino (maybe the Due ?) has enough RAM and grunt to run an SSL interface and i am not aware of any libraries that support them. The easiest way would be to do the project you want but base it on Raspberry Pi as it could handle everything

Craig