Automatic bagging machine based on weight and wiper motor.

Hi everyone,
I want to build an automatic bagging machine, but I do not know if it is possible with arduino. The automatic bagging machine must work as follows. For example, I set the weight of the bag to 15 kilograms. When the weight of the bag reaches 14.5 kilograms, the wiper motor slows down its speed and when it reaches 15kilograms, it stops completely. I change the position of the chute to the second bag and the engine starts its work again, and again when it reaches 14.5 kilograms it slows down and when 15 kilograms stops and so on and on. The automatic bagging machine must work in the range of 7 to 35 kilograms and be able to set every 5 dekagrams (stop the engine). It would be good if it could also adjust the speed of decelerating the engine. Here is a movie that presents the work of such an automatic bagger:

I want to build a similar one. Is this possible with the help of Arduino? If so, what tiles should I use and would someone help me write a program to control such a system? I am just starting my adventure with Arduino and I can not write such a program. I know I have to use extensometer beams, but what's next? Which sensor should be used to detect the change in the position of the fill? The engine I want to use to drive the belt is a 12v wiper motor.

Please, answer and help. Greetings.

My advice is to play with the Arduino and don’t be tempted with short cuts.

Look at the IDE examples for digital inputs , buy a 16*4 lcd and learn how to code it .
Look at motor controls , limit switches , H bridge circuits .
Then think about how it can be put together - you can’t decide that until you have some “ know how “ and a little knowledge as to how hard this is and whether you can do it .

That’s the route to take

If you think the end result is beyond your skills and timeframe, take a trip over to the GIGS & COLLABORATIONS section, where you may find people to help, or develop your project for a price.

DSGFlash:
I want to build an automatic bagging machine, but I do not know if it is possible with arduino.

Get a piece of paper and write down all the hardware you think you need:

How many inputs (digital & analog) ? Limit switches, pushbuttons, encoders, load cells, etc.

How many outputs (digital & PWM) ? Annunciators, relays, motors and the like

What kind of operator interface? LCD, just LEDs? Pushbuttons and/or encoder? Is a menu required?

Communications - I2C, SPI, wireless?

Once you establish what kind and how many I/O you need you can look at controllers.

Welcome
Yes an ardarduino is able to do this.
You will need
An arduino
A display 16x2 or similar
LCD babackpack
A weight sensor - strain gauge
A potentiometer
Switchs
Motor driver
Hot glue gun.
Enclosure

I would suggest the NANO
Wiith screw terminal board

Work through the examples in the IDE

The display has a library that handlrs Most of that programming
Ditto the strain gauge

Once you Start with some parts the other bits will make sense.

I would rate this as advanced-begginer
A little steep but possible

I would suggest an MP3 player module for when the Arduino needs to say “unexpected item in the bagging area” :wink:

There's the hardware, and there's the software. Two separate but closely linked parts.

It's hard for someone to write the software without access to the hardware for testing, but it can be done if the hardware specifications are VERY well defined.

It's hard to build the hardware without small bits of software to test the various components independently.

I hope there's no rush, as it's going to take you easily a year of hard work to completely build this from scratch, including the learning needed.

In contrast, if you have all the parts on hands and an experienced engineer on site he/she may be able to pull it off within a few weeks. Won't be faster, and that's without extensive testing, just making a prototype work.

Going in circles here...

1- Define the mechanical model.
2- Define the control strategy.
3- Bring together.
Arduino & software are the least of the problems.
It could be done without any microcontroller, think cams, lead screws etc...

@wvmarle is exactly correct.

If needed, this /could/ all be controlled with a UNO and a couple of RC servos, but may not meet performance or reliability benchmarks. Define the requirements/specs to be met - then move forward from there.