The actuator that Im going to use

ACTUATOR LINK

also I have this arduino

ARDUINO UNO LINK

What I need:

motor shield controller
power supply

Questions:

1.Someone suggested that I use the new generation of motor shileds not l298n or l293d that run coller, i think is has MOSFET on it, is that right what kind do you suggest below 15$
2.If possible the motor shield needs to be something simple i just stick it in the arduino the ones you see when they stack them
3. It needs to have a dedicated PMW, that has to run at something that ultrasonic PMW 20kHz so it doesnt produce audible sound when its moving, is that possible and right
4.Changing the timer/delay u need a dedicated RTS is that right
4.I need to move the actuator at lowest possible speed
6.If possible power the arduino from the motor shield so i only need one power supply
7.Does the motor shield cut power completelly when it hits the limit switcher in the actuator or it doesnt buzz when there are strong winds , while the actuator is holding it in place
8.What power specs (V and A) do i need to power the actuator and arduino

Thanks for the help and time.

P.S - very limited amount of electronic knowlege

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

2.a shield is a shield
3. it's a joke? what sound?
4.not necessary. with connection to internet you can use ntp. Arduino can run a clock without RTC. just can't do it when is unpowered and you need to set ten time at start (manual or ntp).
6., 7., 8. are this a go/no-go question? you know when you choose the shield or latest when you get hands on it

Thanks for the reply what kind of motor controller you would recommend for driving the actuator.

Thanks

Sorry, I have no experience controlling motors with a microcontroller.

You need to post links to devices on the manufacturer's site, not some useless re-seller site where they can't be bothered to post current and voltage requirements, or even a complete picture of the one label that might contain useful information.

The motor controller you use needs to be able to supply all the current that the actuator needs.

Specification :

Material: Aluminum Alloy
No-load current: <1A
Input Voltage: DC 12V

picic:
Specification :

Material: Aluminum Alloy
No-load current: <1A
Input Voltage: DC 12V

Well, that’s useful information if you don’t intend to apply a load.