Automatic Door Control

I got owden automatic door until an electric fault happened and its controller was damaged
" photo #1"
I am trying to use this BLDC motor " photos #2 & #3" with arduino to make it works again . i would be grateful if someone answers these questions ;D ;D

1 : This motor got 8 colored wires . what do they mean ?
2 : should i use an ESC "Electronic Speed Controller " ? like this one “photo #4
3 : if i use this ESC how i connect it to motor ?

Finally : i got this PDF in Attachment which got a code and schematic diagram for a similar circuit.

Photos :-
#1 :
#2:
#3:
#4:

Brushless motor with arduino.pdf (144 KB)

Without information on the motor, we cannot say what the wires are. Google does not give any help on the number on the motor.

Weedpharma

A brushless motor starts with 3 power wires. It's possible to have more but extremely rare.

Then there's often hall effect sensors to sense the motor position. With 3 phases, there's likely to be 3 hall sensors, plus a ground.

We're up to 7 wires now - what could the 8th be? Maybe it's another hall sensor to count rotations or something. Hard to guess.

Without any documentation on the motor it's junk. If you can't get an original controller then the motor is useless. It would probably not even make a good boat anchor.

[That is an extremely good first post. Nice pictures, a well-defined problem, PDFs and model numbers too. Sorry there's no simple solution.]

weedpharma:
Without information on the motor, we cannot say what the wires are. Google does not give any help on the number on the motor.

Weedpharma

MorganS:
A brushless motor starts with 3 power wires. It’s possible to have more but extremely rare.

Then there’s often hall effect sensors to sense the motor position. With 3 phases, there’s likely to be 3 hall sensors, plus a ground.

We’re up to 7 wires now - what could the 8th be? Maybe it’s another hall sensor to count rotations or something. Hard to guess.

Without any documentation on the motor it’s junk. If you can’t get an original controller then the motor is useless. It would probably not even make a good boat anchor.

[That is an extremely good first post. Nice pictures, a well-defined problem, PDFs and model numbers too. Sorry there’s no simple solution.]

This is the only information I have at this moment . i think it is the same control system as mine
http://gelde.en.alibaba.com/product/1450422645-213313494/dc_automatic_door_motor.html

I still find it strange that the obvious manufacturer of the thing can't tell you what's in it. It's like they copied a design from someone and they don't know how electricity works. They just know how to make 2000 per month and ship them to you.

Part of it I think is related to the Chinese mentality of not letting the foreigners know too much. There are obviously some extremely good electrical design engineers behind this thing.

I still think it's a boat anchor without the original controller. Spend $200 and get a commercial replacement. You would not think twice about spending $200 on your front door to keep the burglars out. The garage should have the same level of security.