Automatic Electrical Load Shedding/Switching system with GSM

Hello guys, i need help with Automatic load shedding system with GSM. the GSM module is for overloading alert as text message. the system will eventually shutdown due to overload. it will be designed such a way it will have a keypad that will set time intervals from switching between one relay and the other. thank you.

What precise part of your project do you need help with?

...R

Robin2:
What precise part of your project do you need help with?

...R

the code/programming aspect. i have a circuit diagram already.

That would be a good start.
Share it along with the list of (specific) parts you intend to use.

Have you looked through or started with any examples, tutorials, or other SMS projects?

There are a LOT of examples - and different modem modules out there. They work in roughly the same way, but there are subtle differences.

lastchancename:
That would be a good start.
Share it along with the list of (specific) parts you intend to use.

Have you looked through or started with any examples, tutorials, or other SMS projects?

There are a LOT of examples - and different modem modules out there. They work in roughly the same way, but there are subtle differences.

Pls if you have the code for the project do share. I need help. Thank you.

How can anyone else have the code for the project you just thought of?

Maybe you think they have your circuit diagram already and that's why you didn't share the diagram.

Maybe it's a metaphysical problem in intellectual property. If you just thought of an idea but someone else has the code for it, then who owns the idea?

OP, I have the code ready to go for the ANDROMEDA XYZ-123 chipset with an Unduino FLiBiNite processor.
Is that the same as yours?
You really need to help yourself if you want others to be sympathetic.

Worst case - I didn't plan to make this an ad, but you could look at 4-channel SMS controller
Which uses an ATMEGA-1284P and SIM5320 modem.

In this project, we control the power supply to different areas using Arduino and keypad. When the circuit starts it asks the user to set the starting time of load shedding for different areas. It also asks the user to set the duration of load shedding. At the end, it asks user to set the clock. Once the above procedure completes it displays the current time on 16*2 LCD and automatically switches the power supply of different areas ON/OFF using Arduino. The keypad is used to set the real time, the time for load shedding time and the time duration. The Arduino is programmed in such a way that we can set the actual time and load shedding time. Using the program, we can monitor both real time and load shedding time. Program always check the equality and whenever it gets matched it turns the load OFF. Then it began to check equality with target time and real time, so whenever this is matched it turns the load ON again. Thank you.

That is a much better diagram than we usually see here.

Do any of the components work? Can you write a short Arduino program to check if the buttons work or display text on the screen?

psalem:
In this project, we control the power supply to different areas using Arduino and keypad. ....

All of that description seems to be about a system that is already functioning correctly? is that correct?

If so, what are you looking for advice about?

...R

I see there is no ‘GSM’ module shown in the diagramm…
Is there more?

Hi,

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Hello guys. Thank you for your response. But the thing is I have no little idea for the coding/programming. I need your help pls.

A few comments on the schematic:

• the LCD appears to be missing several connections (four pins remain unconnected).
  • Vss, Vdd and Vee (whatever the last one may be) are all connected to GND. No positive voltage supply to that LCD.
  • there are three LEDs but no current limiting resistors.
  • no RTC module (or do you really want to have to enter the time every time the Arduino resets, has a power outage, etc?). Any project that has to deal with wall clock time needs either an RTC or another reliable method of obtaining the current time such as NTP over Internet.
  • indeed no GSM module.
    Finally, an Uno is no good idea for any permanent project. Get a Nano or Micro: those can be soldered onto a piece of perfboard or stripboard. Jumper wires are great for prototyping, but terrible for anything permanent.
    For the programming: it looks like you have the requirements quite detailed, which is great. You will be able to find lots of examples for just about any part of the code - what's left for you is to link those parts together into a whole. You anyway will need those parts to test whether your hardware works as intended.

psalem:
Hello guys. Thank you for your response. But the thing is I have no little idea for the coding/programming. I need your help pls.

Help with what, exactly?

Did you read Reply #9 ?

...R

As you are a complete beginner, with little or no understanding ho how to stitch multiple code elements together, i’d suggest you find a local mentor or special interest group - for two reasons.
a) to guide you through basics,
b) to avoid learning bad habits that will slow you down later.

With the smaller Arduino’s, your current schematic has already run out of pins. Adding the modem, or any other functionality will require a bit of thinking (shared pins), or a chip with more i/o.

Coding for Arduino isn’t complicated is itself - the language and rules are extremely well defined and documented, but it is extremely unforgiving while you’re finfpding your feet!

lastchancename:
As you are a complete beginner, with little or no understanding ho how to stitch multiple code elements together, i’d suggest you find a local mentor or special interest group - for two reasons.
a) to guide you through basics,
b) to avoid learning bad habits that will slow you down later.

With the smaller Arduino’s, your current schematic has already run out of pins. Adding the modem, or any other functionality will require a bit of thinking (shared pins), or a chip with more i/o.

Coding for Arduino isn’t complicated is itself - the language and rules are extremely well defined and documented, but it is extremely unforgiving while you’re finfpding your feet!

Pls sir. If you have a code for this work help share. Thank you.

psalem:

We don't have code to give you.

YOU have to write the code and if you run into problems we will try to help.

...R

psalem:

Lots and lots of example code out there, for all kinds of tasks. You'll have to search a bit, see what matches your specific application closely, and adapt it to make it work the way you want.

Somehow I'm reminded of the guy in The Fifth Element who says "Gimme the cash!" He has no idea that Korben Dallas has no cash and he doesn't even know how to operate the gun he's holding.