Hi. I would like to create a relay-reset system for a project. I have a device for arcade system (SEGA Naomi compact flash system), based on IDE standard HDD 40pin with compact flash cards, which works this way:
- When the device works correctly, the IDE pin 39 sends GND signal (in this case is the compact flash), and after that it sends micro-gnd signals every second.
- When the device works bad, the IDE pin 39 sends GND signal, and after that nothing more in the next seconds.
Traduction: there is a yellow led that blinks depending on the GND signal through IDE pin 39. The yellow led blinks one time and after that, depending on success or not, will micro-blink or not in the next seconds.
When the bad working occurs, I put down the 5V of the device manually and after a second I power it up again. The system where I'm using it tries again to catch the device in the next 8-10 seconds, so I would need a loop for reading which situation is.
I would want a way to make this with arduino. The working would be very simple:
- Wait for GND signal through ide pin 39
- When I catch that signal, in the next 2 seconds I want to know if there are more activation signals
- If there are, disable the relay system because it's a success
- If there aren't, cut automatically the 5V supply of the device, wait 1 second and power it up again
- Repeat the cycle
What would I need and how I could make it with arduino? I'm very green in this thread.