Automatic Room Light Controller with Visitor Counter

hi and good day!

I am new to this world of arduino programming so please bear with me... :)

i have this project called the automatic room light with visitor counter. there are some sites that offers this project base on 8051 microcontroller.

however, i want to make this project with arduino uno and i dont know how to start. can you please help me do this? i dont have any schematic either to start with but the scenario will be this:

Microcontroller is a reliable circuit that takes over the task of controlling the room lights as well as counting number of persons/ visitors in the room very accurately. When somebody enters into the room then the counter is incremented by one and the light in the room will be switched ON and when any one leaves the room then the counter is decremented by one. The light will be only switched OFF until all the persons in the room go out.

on the other site, they include the circuit for the 7 segment display. however, i dont need the dispaly in the arduino circuit. all i want is to turn on a light when visitors were in the room and turns off when no one is present in the room..

please do enlighten me.. thank you very much..

what about a PIR motion sensor?
it could say if there is some moving heat source…
http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/InterfacingWithHardware#motion_pir

what about a CO2 sensor?
1 person in a room needs 7 litres of fresh air per second in order to keep the CO2 level below 1000ppm…
http://senseair.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/carbon_dioxide.pdf

i wouldn’t use a mains power switch… just about 12V DC to 24V DC from a power supply…
then i would send it through some chains of high power LEDs… via a boost (<40V) or buck converter…
for safety reasons…
but maybe there are mains switches, that r safely isolated (even if some piece of metal in it breaks or in case of over-current)…

What you want to do is simple and doesn't require PIR sensors or CO2 sensors, it just requires a photo-detector across the entrance door and an Uno. The Uno should control a relay that controls the lighting control circuit relay.. This is done to prevent damage to the controller should there be power-line issues, a Little Safety goes a Long way. The sketch would be very easy to write however you are going to learn how to do it. There are many here that will go a long way for a polite and respectful request.

Doc

hi and good day!

I am new to this world of arduino programming so please bear with me... :)

i have this project called the automatic room light with visitor counter. there are some sites that offers this project base on 8051 microcontroller.

however, i want to make this project with arduino uno and i dont know how to start. can you please help me do this? i dont have any schematic either to start with but the scenario will be this:

Microcontroller is a reliable circuit that takes over the task of controlling the room lights as well as counting number of persons/ visitors in the room very accurately. When somebody enters into the room then the counter is incremented by one and the light in the room will be switched ON and when any one leaves the room then the counter is decremented by one. The light will be only switched OFF until all the persons in the room go out.

on the other site, they include the circuit for the 7 segment display. however, i dont need the dispaly in the arduino circuit. all i want is to turn on a light when visitors were in the room and turns off when no one is present in the room..

please do enlighten me.. thank you very much.. [/quote]