Autopilot with Arduino

Hello, i'm a total newbie in programming an arduino, but want to realize my own project, hope you can and will help me :)

The Idea: I want to use an Arduino Leonardo? (hope it's enough) with this 2.8" LCD Touchscreen http://www.ebay.de/itm/190822007032?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and two pressure sensors http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drucksensor-MPX5700DP-0-7bar-MPX5700-DP-/161055067415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item257fa14d17 to control the Airride/Air suspension of my car.

On the Display (split up in 2 parts...left/right) i wanna see the pressure(front/rear) of the air suspension and program 4 buttons(1,2,3,4) on the display for the autopilot. Should work like this, press "2" once and the arduino send signal to open the valve and increase or reduce the pressure as long as, the for "2" determined pressure, is reached.

It should work automatically, so i don't need to press the button all the time, as long as i have reached the pressure i want to set.

Hope you can help me. Thank you, best regards!

to control the Airride/Air suspension of my car.

What does this have to do with an auto pilot?

It's called Autopilot because it automatically regualates the pressure with only one touch. You push the button and the Arduino regulates the Air pressure. It is another type of autopilot, Not like in a helicopter or something like that. You can buy a System like this called "Autopilot" from Airlift...but I want it a Bit different ;)

So, what is it you need help with? I wouldn’t buy that touch screen off e-bay. Buy it from the manufacturer, and support their efforts, AND get the library that goes with it.

The pressure sensor is probably straight-forward, but I can’t read that page, so I can’t tell if there is any documentation for it. If not, pass on that listing and buy the part from someone who will supply documentation.

What are you using to generate the air pressure? How are you planning to control that from the Arduino?

Thanks, yeah the Arduino TFT is to small, need an 2.8" Display...but i will try to support the manufacturer and won't buy it from e-Bay ;)

I generate the Air pressure with the Viair 480c air Compressor and the sensor will be placed directly next to the valves, which will fill the bags with air.

I don't really know how i have to write the Program for the buttons on the TFT? So the display will show me the Buttons "1" to "4" on it and react when you touch them. Hope you can understand what i mean^^ I have to create these 4 buttons with function on the Display but don't know how :(

You can write the numbers like a text (e.g. A,B,C,D) but then i need the program what will give them their function so i can use it like ("if you press 1 then increase pressure until e.g. 100PSI")

I don't really know how i have to write the Program for the buttons on the TFT? So the display will show me the Buttons "1" to "4" on it and react when you touch them. Hope you can understand what i mean^^

That's why you should buy from a reputable manufacturer. There is a library that ITEAD provides. Not surprisingly, the library comes with examples that show how to draw "buttons" on the screen and react to "button presses".

Also check out the UTFT, UTouch and UTFT_Buttons libraries from Henning Karlsen, I am only starting on controlling a 3.2" TFT w/ touchscreen (tonight hopefully) and found these to look like they should make things a bit easier. You will need to check that it works with the TFT lCD controller that the board is using first though.

Thank you for your answeres! They Reals helped me, when i finished the project i will post it and if there is any other question i hope you will hell ne again ;)