AutoStart Serial

Hi. I tried to make an NMEA simulation with a very very easy code only to give one speedlog sentence to serial output, but after restarting the Arduino Mega i seems that is not starting but only when i connect it to my PC and ONLY when i start the serial monitor.

When the serial monitor is opening, i see the Arduino restarting and then the Tx LED start blinking normaly transmiting the data.

Does anyone have an explanation about this? What i have to do, to make it starting TX without being connected to the USB in combination with the serial monitor?

And also i tried other codes from the examples and my Arduino Mega has the same response. As i remember, my Arduino UNO didn't have any problem on this. :angry:

That's my code.

void setup() { Serial.begin(4800); Serial1.begin(4800);

}

void loop() { Serial.println("$VMVSD,013,225223"); Serial1.println("$VMVSD,013,225223"); delay(300);

}

drvarnick: but after restarting the Arduino Mega i seems that is not starting but only when i connect it to my PC and ONLY when i start the serial monitor.

I am a little confused. If it is not connected to the PC how do you know it is not working? I suspect the problem is NOT in your Mega.

...R

Are you asking how you can print to the Serial monitor without being connected to the PC? You can't. I think that should be pretty obvious.