AVRCP-only chip

Hello,

I can't find an AVRCP-only chip, does it exist ?
Usually they are used alongside A2DP however I don't need it since I'm building a bluetooth remote control.

Billy

I've never seen anything that only has AVRCP. AVRCP and A2DP tend to work together, so you won't normally see one without the other.

That said, you can (possibly module dependent) use the AVRCP channel without opening the A2DP channel for audio. This is exactly what I'm doing with one of my projects. You can do all the control over AVRCP, but not stream any audio.

Ian.

Hmm I see thanks, I had that in mind but I thought it would be less clean that way.
Will give it a try :slight_smile:

Billy

ian332isport:
I've never seen anything that only has AVRCP. AVRCP and A2DP tend to work together, so you won't normally see one without the other.

That said, you can (possibly module dependent) use the AVRCP channel without opening the A2DP channel for audio. This is exactly what I'm doing with one of my projects. You can do all the control over AVRCP, but not stream any audio.

Ian.

Would you recommend a module to use? I'm having trouble finding info that is not on the BC127 and that unit is continued and only allowed avrcp with ad2p.

Thanks!

HakAtIt:
Would you recommend a module to use? I'm having trouble finding info that is not on the BC127 and that unit is continued and only allowed avrcp with ad2p.

Thanks!

I use the Silicon Labs WT32i.