Avrdude Error can't set com-state for "\\.\COM4"

Hi,
I am very new to Arduino devices.

I bought my first Arduino Uno device from Amazon(Link)

My operating system in Windows 10
I was trying to upload program from Examples>Basics>Blink
For every try I was getting following error:

Sketch uses 930 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM4"
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I tried with USB 2.1, USB 3, USB C(with converter for usb C).
But same error. I tried reinstalling drivers, software but no luck

I thought my board has some issue, hence I replaced my board with new one.
But still same issue.

I checked all other forum posts but no luck.

Please help!

Can you confirm that the actual board you got does indeed have the 16u2 chip, not a ch340G?

Usually that error comes from using a CH340G-based clone on windows 10 without the proper drivers installed - and considering the price you paid (I get $6.50 us from that price? Those are indian rupees right?), it's a clone regardless of what lies they tell in the description.

To make that work, download and install the CH340G driver (google CH340G, your OS, and the word "drivers")

Thanks for reply!

I don't know whether this board is clone or not. But by comparing price with the one on official website, I think mine is clone ($22 vs $6.50)

I can see my board connected to PC. Also IDE is able get board information. And Device Manager doesn't show any error.

I installed the new drivers from following Chinese website: Link to drivers
After clicking install button it says that drivers are successfully pre-installed.

But still I am having same error.
:frowning:

I read on Arduino official website that

Bootloader

Make sure there's a bootloader burned on your Arduino board. To check, reset the board. The built-in L LED (which is connected to pin 13) should blink. If it doesn't, there may not be a bootloader on your board.

and light from pin 13 is not blinking. It just stays on forever. So I guess my board does not have any bootloader.

can't set com-state for "\.\COM4

happens before avrdude is at the point of talking to the bootloader. While the bootloader may be missing, whether it is or not has nothing to do with that error.

That error is related to the serial port drivers.

Examine the board closely - what are the markings on the black chip near the USB connector?

They'll probably be CH340G, CP2102, or mega16u2.

If it's CP2012, google for those drivers, and install them.