avrdude fails in Fedora 21 environment [Resolved]

Hopefully I can explain this well enough with the notes that I've taken. I am trying to establish a Yun development environment on Fedora 21. First step was to install the latest arduino IDE (same as I have on my Windows environment which works fine). Hardware is setup for Arduino Yun, Port /dev/ttyATH0.

In compiling and uploading the Blink program, I got an error:
butterfly_recv(): programmer not responding.

Uh Oh!
So, I set it up for Arduino nano that I have on another USB port. Hardware setup for Arduino nano, Port dev/ttyUSBO. Works, no problem.

I thought it could be an incompatibility problem between arduino ide and fedora 21, so I installed UECIDE IDE. Same results, nano uploads fine, yun pukes!

Particulars are:

Nano
Using Port : /dev/ttyUSB0
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
AVR Part : ATMEGA328P
---------------, etc.

Yiun
Using Port : /dev/ttyACM0
Using Programmer : avr109
Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
AVR Part : ATmega32U4
---------------, etc.

I've also tried cmake (https://github.com/queezythegreat/arduino-cmake)
and Arduino-Makefile (GitHub - sudar/Arduino-Makefile: Makefile for Arduino sketches. It defines the workflows for compiling code, flashing it to Arduino and even communicating through Serial.)

Same results.

Im I at a dead end?

I found a post online that suggests putting ide in verbose mode and resetting the '32u4 just before the
upload starts. Hey, it worked, but why did the nano cruise right through the upload, but the yun did like the racehorse; 'stumbled, farted, and fell?'

The nano uses an FTDI chip to handle USB communications. That chip has the ability to reset the processor, which is done automatically during an upload. The Yun uses a 32U4 processor which handles the USB connection directly. There must be something different in the way your system is requesting a reset that doesn't work with the 32U4? I'd bet that any 32U4 processor based Arduino, like the Leonardo, will behave the same.