Avrdude In-Sync Uno Board Fried?

Hello,

Recently, my Arduino Uno had been working fine. Everything was going well and perfect, and then one day I accidentally sent 12V shooting through approximately 13 digital pins. I hastily cut the power and inspected for damage. However, nothing seemed to be wrong until about a week later when I began to upload some code. Nothing was connected to the Arduino except for the Computer. My drivers were up to date and working fine, I had the right board and serial port selected, and my code was the sample Blink sketch, exactly as it comes from the website. I clicked "Upload", and after a second I got the dreaded, common error: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 Astounded, I checked everything. My setup was fine, but the board's green power LED was kind of dim. I looked all over the internet for a solution. I tried them all, nothing worked. Then I saw something about a guy putting power through his digital pins and the chip being fried, so he had to get a new board. Uh oh. So then, I was very worried. I kept on trying strange solution after strange solution, but [u]nothing[/u] worked. :fearful: So, I'm wondering if that could be the cause of this, and if I have to get a new board. I am using Windows 7, if that helps. But everything seems to be hooked up and selected to the right things. So, in conclusion, is my chip fried, and do I have to get a new board? Your responses would really be appreciated. Thanks for your time. :(

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

usually the error comes when bootloader got crashed. if your code having infinite loop which might hang MCU some time. Usually i tested some code to make it happen. once you use watch dog timer it start working fine.

SO now you just upload bootloader using AVR pocket programmer available in sparkfun. if you think investment on avr pocket programmer high , you can get atmegaIC with bootloader updated.