avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file

On a mac, after selecting the
Board meag2560,
Processor mega2560,
Serial port cu.usbmodem2626121,
Programmer ArdinuoISP??
and trying to get new mega2560 to respond to the blink program. I get the following error:

avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again

How do I precede ?

Thanks

This usually occurs with Chinese clones of arduino. This problem is caused when the boards of older versions are installed on a new IDE. Quick fix -in IDE go to Tools > Board > Boards Manager... >Arduino AVR Boards > Select version > 1.6.8 or 1.6.9 or newer available> Install.
And choose AVRISP mkll , not Arduino as ISP.

I have a 100% genuine arduino.cc UNO R3 and got this error message this morning.

The problem turned out to be v1.6.11 of the Arduino AVR Boards component. Rolling back to v1.6.10 solved the problem.

If you are getting this message with any board - Chinese or not - I recommend going to Tools -> Board -> Boards Manager. Then change the version of the Arduino AVR Boards component to the previous release and click "Install."

Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Cheers ~ Jason

@PerryCodes which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

I'm using Arduino IDE 1.6.9. PerryCodes' suggested fix worked for me. Thanks PC!

I see this is still giving a problem - me today Genuine Arduino Mega 2560. Had to roll-back the board software to get it to upload properly.

Any idea when this bug is likely to be fixed?