avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30?

Hi, I am trying to create a DIY intervalometer using the tutorial here

Anyways, when I am trying to upload the code, I get the error in the title, then it attempts 10 times to get it right. Anyways, I noticed downloading the code, the extension was .PDE, and the new file extension is .INO I am new to arduino, and am trying my best to find answers, but I just cannot find any. I have tried reinstalling the necessary drivers.

Any help is really great, and i can try to give you any info you need

Did you choose the right type of board in the menu? What's your OS?

I am on Windows 7, and yes, I do have the right board selected. How many serial ports should there be? I have been looking at similar threads

It depends... Did you try them all? What board do you have? Did you install any drivers for the USB-to-serial chip?

Uh, I am not sure. I have one serial ports listed, COM3. I have the Arduino Nano, and i am not sure, link?

I also get the same error except with resp=0x20

HyperCamel:
Hi, I am trying to create a DIY intervalometer using the tutorial here

Anyways, when I am trying to upload the code, I get the error in the title, then it attempts 10 times to get it right. Anyways, I noticed downloading the code, the extension was .PDE, and the new file extension is .INO I am new to arduino, and am trying my best to find answers, but I just cannot find any. I have tried reinstalling the necessary drivers.

Any help is really great, and i can try to give you any info you need

do you have any circuit connected to Serial? pin0 and Pin1?

chuck.

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I need help?