avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10

Hi!

Im trying to flash my arduino uno (atmega328p) and i an receiving the error below.

these are what i have done so far.

1. The right com port and board is selected. com 1, 9600
  2. reinstalled everything
  3. tested on different computer
  4. tried different programs to upload.

rx and tx leds are flashing when i try to upload so there is some contact.

been at this for 2 days so i have googled plenty but i fear im not experienced enough to know what to look for. please help.

error:

Sketch uses 444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Users\CNC\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino2/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\CNC\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino2/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\CNC\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_493458/sketch_apr28c.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jun 22 2016 at 16:05:21
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\CNC\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino2/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM1
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

opticalopal:

1. The right com port and board is selected. com 3, 9600

The output you posted shows COM1 is being used, not COM3:

opticalopal:
Using Port : COM1

Make sure you have COM3 selected from the Arduino IDE's Tools > Port menu.

pert:
The output you posted shows COM1 is being used, not COM3:Make sure you have COM3 selected from the Arduino IDE's Tools > Port menu.

My bad, i wrote it wrong, com 1 is correct.

Are you certain of that? COM1 is usually the port of the computer's built-in serial port, not the virtual COM port that gets assigned to an Arduino board.

Sometimes the port will be labeled with the board name in the Tools > Port menu. Other times it will not. If you don’t know which port is your Arduino board, you can find it like this:

• Unplug your Arduino board from the computer.
  • Tools > Port
  • Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  • Close the Tools menu. The ports list is only updated when the Tools menu is re-opened, so this step is essential.
  • Plug your Arduino board into the computer.
  • Tools > Port - The new port listed in the menu is your Arduino board.

pert:
Are you certain of that? COM1 is usually the port of the computer's built-in serial port, not the virtual COM port that gets assigned to an Arduino board.

Sometimes the port will be labeled with the board name in the Tools > Port menu. Other times it will not. If you don’t know which port is your Arduino board, you can find it like this:

• Unplug your Arduino board from the computer.
  • Tools > Port
  • Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  • Close the Tools menu. The ports list is only updated when the Tools menu is re-opened, so this step is essential.
  • Plug your Arduino board into the computer.
  • Tools > Port - The new port listed in the menu is your Arduino board.

Yes, I work with it so that im 100% shure is not the issue. Im gonna buy a loose ATMEGA328P with bootloader and se if i can salvage the bricked one.

i saw somewhere in all my searching that you can use a functioning arduino and a bread board to fix the boot loader, but now i cant find it...

This problem has been seen many times. For this one time I had two problems, one was the COM port was wrong. The second one was that the board description was wrong.
So for this articular one it is fixed. I have more to work through.