avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x8f

Hi,
I know this question has been asked many times, however, I cannot find a solution. I have been using my Arduino all day with no problems until suddenly I get an error: avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x8f. I cannot find any solutions. I am using an Arduino Uno with a CH340 chip. The computer recognises the board but will not upload. The LED on the board is not blinking even when the reset button is pressed. I have tried different ports, unplugged all modules, made sure the correct board and port are still selected, all with no success. I have also tried uploading a blank sketch which still doesn't work. The board also looks as if nothing is out of place or blown as well.

Any help to solve this will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jayden

The LED on the board is not blinking even when the reset button is pressed.
The computer recognises the board but will not upload.

That means that the 328P processor is buggered. If you have a second board (e.g. Uno), you can try to burn the boot loader again.

If your board has the DIP version of the 328P, you can also buy 328P processors that are already loaded with the boot loader and replace the current one.

If that all does not help, throw the board away.

or (if you're brave enough) you can use the board as a USB-to-TTL converter.

The computer recognises the board but will not upload.

A chance that the CH340 has survived. You can probably use the board as a USB-to-TTL converter. Try the loop-back test to check; preferably remove the 328P.

The board also looks as if nothing is out of place or blown as well.

Visual inspection that shows that something is blown means something. Visual inspection that does not show any signs of something been blown does not mean that something is not blown.

unplugged all modules,

What was all connected?