avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 ERROR

hey frnds i am new to Arduino. i am working on a project, my Arduino board was working fine but it suddenly has stopped working. im unable to upload any program, even program with blanck setup and void methods.
i am keep getting avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" Error.

im using Arduino Mega2560 board and windows7 32bit OS

I have browsed internet and have tried alomost all solutions that i found. i have slected right port, right board, n have re-installed drivers and have removed all the wires but still i am getting same error. have tried to reset it from reset button too. i really dun know what the problem is, the same program and circuit was working few days before perfectly.
Kinldy help if u can.
Regars

What were you doing, before it failed? Do you have anything connected to it right now?

Have you connected anything to the board before that error have appeared?
Ive got the same error (working Arduino, working serial, working ) just with one shield being connected. Till ive realized it has jumpers switching it between modes: USB stand-alone device mode and Arduino shield mode.
Those jumpers being installed causes the RX and TX Arduino pins (used for serial communication) to be used by internal shield communications. So no serial communications could be performed from computer to Arduino in this case. Once ive removed jumpers, the shield has been switched to the Arduino shield mode and almost everything turns to be alright.

Also try different USB cable. I've had cheap cable that went bad after just a few minutes of use and when I changed to a quality cable (one that came with my camera) the problem went away.

Oh yes it’s working by changing USB cable. thanx alot :slight_smile: