avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

hello,

I used the ATMEGA328 it self (no development board) building a circuit with thr 16MHz clock capacitors etc, and it worked fine; however, when I put it back on the development board and tried to load sketches it gives me this error “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” At this point I do not know if I fried three of the microcontrollers because I did it three times, and I got the same issue. Any thoughts on this problem??

Thanks

hello,

I used the ATMEGA328 it self (no development board) building a circuit with thr 16MHz clock capacitors etc, and it worked fine; however, when I put it back on the development board and tried to load sketches it gives me this error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" At this point I do not know if I fried three of the microcontrollers because I did it three times, and I got the same issue. Any thoughts on this problem??

Thanks

Try re-burning the bootloader.

how do you reburn the bootloader?

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11637

to burn the bootloader you follow this process "http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP"

Now is giving me this error

avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature. Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

If you're trying to upload the sketch via ICSP:

1) Improper life support system on the breadboarded (or whatever) CPU. Check: power pins, ground pins, reset tied to Vcc via 10K, crystal or ceramic resonator and load caps are correct.

2) Bad ICSP cabling. Check: CLK (D13 on Arduino) to CLK, MISO (D12 on Arduino) to MISO, MOSI (D11 on Arduino) to MOSI, Reset generator (pin 10 on Arduino as ISP) to reset pin on CPU (connected to the CPU side of the 10K resistor).

3) Programmer is not set up properly. Check: Arduino as ISP sketch is loaded on a known-good board (or whatever programmer you're using is working), serial baud rate is 19200, correct COM port, avrdude is using a good config file, avrdude knows what programmer you're using.

4) Fuses aren't set properly. Check: That you didn't set them previously in such a way that disables SPI programming, or requires an external clock that you have not provided.

If you're trying to upload the sketch via serial programming, here's your ticket:

1) No bootloader. Use ICSP to program the appropriate bootloader, or to upload your code w/o a bootloader.

2) Serial is not set up properly. Make sure you're using a TTL-compatible serial interface and the TX and RX pins are wired to the other end's RX and TX respectively.

3) No reset capacitor. The DTR (or whatever signal your serial interface uses to signal reset) is connected through a 0.1uF cap to the reset pin (CPU side of 10K resistor).

4) Wrong baudrate. I think the Uno bootloader uses 115200. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.