avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Hello, i have recently received an arduino NG (on the backside is written Arduino uno www.doflye.net) with an 8a- pu mcu. When i connect it to the computer, the i/o 13 led is blinking. In arduino ide i choose Arduino NG or older w/ atmega8 chip , and the com port 4. But i get an error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" . I've tried the loopback test, and it passed. What's the problem?

Hi ddacot,

I have also received the same arduino board from ebay, the problem is that it is not exactly compatible try the following solution:

open the boards.txt file in the arduino program directory: arduino-1.0.5\hardware\arduino\boards.txt

and add the following text to the end, save it, run the arduino.exe and choose from Tools -> Board -> Arduino Optiboot8

opti8.name=Arduino Optiboot8 opti8.upload.protocol=arduino opti8.upload.maximum_size=7680 opti8.upload.speed=115200 opti8.bootloader.low_fuses=0xbf opti8.bootloader.high_fuses=0xcc opti8.bootloader.path=optiboot opti8.bootloader.file=optiboot_atmega8.hex opti8.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F opti8.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F opti8.build.mcu=atmega8 opti8.build.f_cpu=16000000L opti8.build.core=arduino opti8.build.variant=standard

Hope this helps, unfortunately mine also came with an ATMEGA8A-PU chip which has lower specs than ATMEGA 328P-PU.

(deleted)

@phOvos Thank you, solved!