avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_disable(): pro

hi i have a sketch that is already in my arduino duemilanove (since a few month), i modified it and when i try to load the modified sketch to the arduino i get the following error: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

i have tried to do this with arduino 0018 to 0022 and it's the same. i also tried to load a basic sketch with no shield connected and i get the same error

can someone help me?

I've got the indentical problem on a brand new clone board. Hopefully the solution to your problem will fix me as well.

USB driver installed fine. Upload appears to work (don't know for sure because never had a Arduino board before) bu the Rx,Tx LED's blink.

Regards,

Bert

New Zealand

A couple of questions...Did you check the troubleshooting guide? If so, what operating system are you running on your computer? Some common errors are wrong board selected, wrong serial port selected, bad usb cable, bootloader needs (re)installing.

@bvdb which clone do you have?

Let us know what you find out.

Hi mrtaylor,

Yes, did check the troubleshooting guide. Running WinXp Pro with Duemilanove clone. PCB is new, looks to be of good quality and has "QC" sticker on it.

Duemilanove/w ATMega328 selected and serial port 11 selected. Using known working USB cable. USB driver installed OK on serial port 11 but Windows Device Manager calls it "USB Serial Port (COM11)", not "Arduino UNO (COM11)" as stated in "Getting Started" instruction.

When USB cable is plugged into Duemilanove board a blue LED lights near the reset button and yellow LED labled "L" starts blinking randomly. Pressing RESET button does not alter anything.

Load and compile the Blink sample code OK and then try downloading the code to Duemilanove board. The Yellow LED stops blinky randomly, the red Rx LED and green Tx lights blink for a few seconds and guess what.... The yellow LED is now blinking once per second as it should. It is now working and I don't know what was different from previous attemps.

I'll start playing with the board now - thanks.

Bert

hi I found that the driver was not corectly installed, i re-installed it and everything works fine

thanks

@bvdb

USB Serial Port (COM11)

vs

Arduino UNO (COM11)

Since it is a Duemilanove clone I would be surprised if it said Uno.

Glad your boards are working, have fun :D