avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding - SOLVED!

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in synce: resp=0x3c

I have a Arduino Genuine Uno on COM1 on a Windows 10 Lenovo tablet. I have programmed this board before but not on this machine.

Tools menu shows:

Board:"Arduinos/Genuine Uno"
Port:"COM1"

Programmer: "AVRISP mk11"

Not sure why this is happening as the board already contains working code - I'm trying to make a minor change to it.

What should I try next?

Thanks
David

Not sure if this is related, but I have an UNO board and found I had to burn the bootloader on it to get it to work again. Its kinda flakey.

sonicnuance:
Not sure if this is related, but I have an UNO board and found I had to burn the bootloader on it to get it to work again. Its kinda flakey.

Given that the UNO is still working with it’s existing code, I’m reluctant to do that, I’m going to see if it will load when connected to the original machine that programmed it

Cheers

David

Please do this:

• (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
  • Uncheck the checkbox next to “Show verbose output during: compilation”
  • Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
  • Click “OK”
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails, you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum’s code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press “Ctrl + V”. This will paste the upload output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

Hi

Thanks for the replies, however I have found the problem. The new tablet was showing it as a Genuine Uno on COM1, so I tried to test it on the original machine that I created the code with a year ago. IT says Nano and ATmega328 Old (Bootloader) and then I recalled the information regarding the CH341 driver set.
So, install the CH341SER, change the chip to Nano and ATmega328 (old bootloader) and it works!

Sorry for all the confusion memory & old age are not compatible!

Cheers

David

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update. I’m glad to hear you got it working. Enjoy!
Per