avrdude: stk500_recv() : programmer is not responding

I sent a program to my Duemilanove that logged data to an sd card from a displacement transducer. I worked like a charm :) . I removed the usb cable from the arduino to stop the program. Removed the SD card which had data on it. Plugged it back in and the program wont not start back up. I tried hitting the rest button didn't work. Tried sending a program and kept getting avrdude: stk500_recv() : programmer is not responding. The arduino is getting power and yes the lites blink when I press the reset. it seems like the arduino is blocking me from programing it.

Please help

Sorry, but I did not catch the OS the IDE is operating under. If it is Windoze, please try eried's concoction. http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

It works very well. The worse thing will be that it will move you to a better com port ;)

I'm working in Linux Mint 13 and i'm using the software from the Arduino website.

Software Version 1.0

mneumayer: I'm working in Linux Mint 13 and i'm using the software from the Arduino website.

It's possible that AVRDUDE is left running and has the port locked up. In Linux, try this:

lsof | grep -i "tty[ACM|USB]"

This will show you all of your ttyACMx and ttyUSBx ports that are in use.

If AVRDUDE is using one, kill it by process number or with this command:

killall avrdude

Then try accessing your board again.

Hope this helps.

Just uploaded a program in Win7. Must be a problem with Linux

I'll try it tonight, thanks :)

No, AVRDUDE is not running nor is the port locked up. I was able to send a program in win7. But when I send a program in linux I can only send it once and after that I can't connect to Arduino.

Please help

I have the same problem.

I´m running a Virtual Machine with ubuntu and running the virtual machine on a Windows Pc.

I want to upload a sketch on Arduino. A basic one from the Examples but I got the error of which you are talking about in this topic.

Please help.

Fab.

This worked for me:

I removed the https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10854 before send the program