avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

:( This is getting VERY frustrating. This is not just happing on this sketch but almost all the sketch I try to run. Sketches that used to work. The only thing that works without fail is "Blink". Wow, I just blew $100.00 on a flashing LED. HELP

Okay, some facts and figures before I rave on(this my 1st post so I hope I have enough information to be of help):

I'm running Arduino 1.8.1 with an UNO R3 board. Windows 7 Ultimate on a 64bit machine. (Note; I'm getting basically the same error on my Windows 7 32bit machine.)

My Device Manager says the Following:

Ports (COM & LPT) Communications Port (COM3) Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM4) Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM7) USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM6)

The sketch I've loaded and tried to run is:

/* Reads a digital input on pin 2, prints the result to the serial monitor This example code is in the public domain. */

// digital pin 2 has a pushbutton attached to it. Give it a name: int pushButton = 2;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset: void setup() { // initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second: Serial.begin(9600); // make the pushbutton's pin an input: pinMode(pushButton, INPUT); }

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever: void loop() { // read the input pin: int buttonState = digitalRead(pushButton); // print out the state of the button: Serial.println(buttonState); delay(1); // delay in between reads for stability }

It compiles fine, but...When I go to upload, with upload verbose on, I get:

Sketch uses 2068 bytes (6%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes. Global variables use 186 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1862 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes. C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_41223/DigitalReadSerial.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Dec 16 2016 at 13:33:19 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM3 Using Programmer : arduino Overriding Baud Rate : 115200

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xe4

Oh, and if I try to go to the Serial Monitor to attempt an input it tells me COM3 is busy. >:( >:(

(deleted)