avrdude: verification errors

Hi, I'm using an arduino uno with the gameduino adapter and I've been running into this error recently:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1880
         0xff != 0x20
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I have googled around and can't seem to find anything that helps me pinpoint the problem. The program compiles fine and uploads properly. Even the actualy program itself works great minus some sprite errors that I think are probably attributable to the above error. On some of the sprites I'm getting extra little bits of colour that are nowhere to be seen on the sprite sheet. But past that, the program works as intended.

I've compiled other programs that I've made with sprites and also some of the example programs on the gameduino site but none of these throw up the error message like above and none of them have the sprite errors described above.

I'm at my wit's end right now trying to figure out what's going on. Help me please :(.

Even the actualy program itself works great minus some sprite errors that I think are probably attributable to the above error.

You think wrong.

PaulS:
You think wrong.

Actually it was, so it turns out that you thought wrong. But thanks so much for your helpful reply, asshat.

Got it working now, it was going a little screwy when I was writing the the memory which caused both the verification errors and the messed up sprites.