AVRDude

I would like to ask how to override AVRDude's check using -F because I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.

Your question doesn't really make sense.

The -F option does what you want

Do you mean you want to know how to set this option in the Arduino IDE?

Or do you want to know how to use Avrdude with the elf or bin files produced by the Arduino IDE?

Sorry, I would like to know how to set the option in the arduino IDE?

I don't know an easy way to do this.

You can convert the files produce by the IDE into a bin and then manually use AVRDude to upload etc

Why do you need to use the -F option

The reason is this(btw the posts at the bottom are not related just trying to help somebody else): ArduinoISP - Microcontrollers - Arduino Forum. However after putting in the diodes and pull down resistors it won't complete the check and I know that's the problem because the other parts of the circuit works if I connect it directly to the chip without the diodes. I am just assuming that the diode/pull down resistor circuit works but just won't pass the check for some reason. I might be wrong or right but I don't know if I don't override the check.

I suspect that the external circuit will prevent you from being able to do anything, if its preventing it reading the IC type, but its worth a shot using AVRDude

There are articles online about how to take the output file from the IDE, which I think is ELF format and converting it to BIN for AVRDude, but I can't remember off the top of my head which tools etc you use for the conversion,All I recall is that you have to put the IDE into verbose mode so that it displays the location of the ELF file

(To be honest I'm not sure this still applies to 1.05 + of the IDE), but I'm sure you'll work it out :wink: