Hey folks, I've been arduinoing for a little while, but def new to the forum, and generally inexperienced. I successfully uploaded for years until tonight.... when I was seriously thwarted by:
"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"
I know people have been over this a lot, I read through most of those threads with no joy. Maybe someone can help.
System: Windows 7 SP1, fully up to date as of posting Software: Brand new install of Arduino 1.0 Board: Clean Diecimila with Atmega 168 (with USB power selected)
For simplification, I'm attempting to upload "AnalogReadSerial" out of the tutorials section.
Everytime I upload it, I get the avrdude error right under "Binary Sketch Size". I've tried on 3 boards and I don't get a TX or RX led, but I get constant flashing L, anytime the boards plugged in. After it fails to upload, flashing L stops and all I get is the green PWR. Here's what I've done:
- I started the night with arduino 0017, I upgraded to arduino 1.0
- I tried two other arduino's: a Duemilinove with Atmega 328 and a Mega with Atmega 2560. Same results.
- I tried 5 differant USB cords
- I tried pushing reset right before (and right after) I hit 'upload' on all the boards (except the Mega)
- I updated my Windows
- I restarted 45 times
- I reassigned the usb drivers to those in the arduino 1.0 folder
What am I missing? Nothing brought this on, no system changes or upgrades.
Notes: When I try with the Mega, it is "uploading..." forever till I close out of Arduino and restart. Occasionally when I start my Arduino 1.0, I get an error that the software cannot be loaded...
If I continue to have no joy, I guess I'll replace the only component I haven't replaced yet... the computer itself. Guess I could reimage it.
Thanks! - Hunter