Azure

Hi all!

I am having a trouble with visual studio code. My idea is to stream telemetry data from arduino to Microsoft Azure. I do not wanna stream it from arduino (there is a library for it on github), but from serial monitor. Is there any possibility of doing this?

Do you mean that you want to send data over the serial link from the Arduino to the PC or something else ?

I have data from arduino, temperature and humidity, for instance. This data I am reciving though USB wire into PC and showing them in serial monitor (visual studio code). My idea is to take this data and send them in real time to Azure.

What method does Azure use to receive data ?

Iridium1944:
I have data from arduino, temperature and humidity, for instance. This data I am reciving though USB wire into PC and showing them in serial monitor (visual studio code). My idea is to take this data and send them in real time to Azure.

One solution is to use another terminal program (such a PuTTY or RealTerm) in place of the Serial Monitor. Those programs can save the received data to a text file and then your Azure program could read the text file.

I don't use Windows so I have no idea what Azure does but maybe you can program it to receive the data directly from the Arduino.

...R

Delimited Text Format would seem to me to be the easiest and it have the advantage of being easy to read when testing