Bank System using RFID Cards and Barcodes

Hello,

I'm looking for tips on how to create a fantasy bank account System with RFID Card and Barcode Chips.

The idea is:

The RFID card has a:

• ID number
  • Time stamp
  • Current account balance

The Currency-chips have:

• a barcode telling the value they have and which are added together during scanning.
    for example: +10, +2000, +500 etc.

I need to design a Software/GUI that fulfills the following tasks:

• When scanning the RFID card, the profile picture of the owner must be displayed and the current account balance.
    If the account balance on the card is more up-to-date than that in the Software/GUI, then the account balance in the GUI will be updated. If the status of the card is older from the date, the account balance on the card will be updated.

• Now you have to enter the ID number of the destination account. Then the profile picture and the account balance of the recipient account appear.
    This may also be the same bank account, if you want to transfer something to yourself.

• Now you can either type in the sum manually via a NUM pad, so that the sum is deducted from the account and transferred to the recipient account, .. OR

• You can scan chips one after the other with a barcode. Then we add up the total until you press Transfer in the GUI.
    for example:

NAME & PICTURE & ID person-1 - Ammount in Bankaccount 1

Ammount to transfer or scanning (50 + 100 + 500 ...)

NAME & PICTURE & ID person-2 - Ammount in Bankaccount 2

In terms of design, the sum is to be counted down fast during the transfer and ...

Are there any ideas for implementation?
I thought about Java Script for the software, the arduino RFID CARD set with a ready/write card and an old barcode scanner

Thank you for your time and your advice

I thought about Java Script for the software

For building a GUI? I wouldn't attempt that at gun-point.

I'd use Visual Studio, and build a C# application. Very easy to get a C# app to talk/listen to the Arduino.

using an arduino for something like this might be more trouble than its worth. if you are already super familiar with arduino code and hardware, go for it but if i was attempting something like this i would probably use a raspberry pi.

here is a similar project, but instead of banking its a door lock: Build a Raspberry Pi Smart Door Lock Security System for your Smart Home! - YouTube

for storing the values i recommend using something like php and mysql

Hello,
Wow you are fast, thank you for your answers so far.

PaulS:
I’d use Visual Studio, and build a C# application. Very easy to get a C# app to talk/listen to the Arduino.

can you tell me which programm i need to programm a beautiful GUI? I am a littlebit overwelmed by all the tools the download offers.

super7800:
using an arduino for something like this might be more trouble than its worth. if you are already super familiar with arduino code and hardware, go for it but if i was attempting something like this i would probably use a raspberry pi.

here is a similar project, but instead of banking its a door lock: Build a Raspberry Pi Smart Door Lock Security System for your Smart Home! - YouTube

for storing the values i recommend using something like php and mysql

Thank you for the Vieolink. Yes i guess that is pretty close.
I am not that familliar with arduino code and harware but i hoped i can stick with arduino for this Project.
I might have to learn C+ for Raspberry then…
i hoped arduino is able to do what i plan

i have never done advanced gui with visual studio (only simple stuff), but check out this link to get started with basic interfacing over serial.

You can write the GUI in ANY language that will give you COM port access, so if you are more familiar in java, you probably could use it, but as pauls says, C code in visual studio will be much simpler.

here is a great tutorial on arduino GUI interfaces PC graphical interface for Arduino (Using visual studio C#) | ProgTpoint

i still recomend using the raspberry pi, because using an arduino will require a dedicated computer to store images and accounts, and to run the gui, while the raspberry pi is a very small all in one. up to you though. either way this will be a complex project.

you could try interfacing a SD card directly to the arduino to store user accounts. if your going to stick with arduino, check out the 32-bit variants. 32- bit arduino they have increased speed and pins, and are in a very small form factor.

That helped alot. Thank you Super7800.
Yes i will eiter use a sD Card if i can store up to 1000 animated gifs, bank account informations and person datas or a computer with harddrive.
But the project needs to work without internet and only updates itself by the timestamp stored in the cards.

yes i know its an ambitioned project. we will see if i find a way.
I am afraid Raspberry pi would have been the better study :wink:

Thanks for the help

I just ordered “Raspberry Pie for Dummies” :wink: so lets hope with that i can go on. Thanks for the tip.

Meanwhile i have pictured the Programmrunning plan, so that you can get the idea.