BARE Conductive Board problem loading sketches from the default Library

Hi again,

I am using a MacBookAir7,2 (Intel Core i5) with OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.3).
I have set up my Bare Conductive Touch Board as instructed on the Bare Board official site and tried the first action that was to upload the first sketch from the built in Sketch Book.
But when i verify the code before uploading i get the following error code:

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Mac OS X), Board: "Bare Conductive Touch Board"

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Bare Conductive Boards' contains deprecated recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}", automatically converted to recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{preprocessed_file_path}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
core/core.a(USBCore.cpp.o): In function `SendInterfaces':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:445: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB()'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:445: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB_::getInterface(unsigned char*)'
core/core.a(USBCore.cpp.o): In function `SendDescriptor':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:481: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB()'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:481: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB_::getDescriptor(USBSetup&)'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:508: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB()'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:508: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB_::getShortName(char*)'
core/core.a(USBCore.cpp.o): In function `ClassInterfaceRequest':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:366: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB()'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp:366: undefined reference to `PluggableUSB_::setup(USBSetup&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

Any ideas?

Thank you !!

Hi denizorcun

That's a strange set of error messages, and it points towards problems with the Arduino core compilation as opposed to anything Bare Conductive specific (I work for Bare).

Could you try a couple of things for me?

Firstly, enable "Show verbose output during compilation" in the File -> Preferences menu.

Next try compiling (just click the tick button in the toolbar) the ASCIITable example under File -> 04.Communication -> ASCIITable with the board set to Arduino Leonardo. What happens then? Does the compile complete successfully?

If compiling ASCIITable worked OK, could you try compiling the Touch_MP3 example (File -> Sketchbook -> Touch Board Examples -> Touch_MP3) again, with verbose output compilation still turned on and "Bare Conductive Touch Board" selected under Tools -> Board. Does that work? If not, could you paste the entire output in the console from this as before - it should now contain a lot more useful information that might help me diagnose what is going wrong.

Let me know how you get on with this

Stefan