Bareduino problems!

I have recently purchased 10x 22pf capacitors for my bareduino but I cant get the board to work right. I am pretty sure it is a capacitor problem because I have build a bareduino before with the same instructions and it worked just fine, but I have ordered more capacitors since then. When I am refering to capacitors I mean the two that are connected to the 16mhz crystal resonator.

These are the schematics https://www.virtuabotix.com/product-bareduino328-barebones-microcontroller-guide/

These are the capacitors I ordered http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_15405_-1

Those capacitors should work.
Show use a picture of the circuit as it is wired.

This is it.

Is the common between the two capacitors (yellow wire) connected to GND or 0 volts? Looks like the crystal is not connected to the right pins. Should be pins 9 and 10. Use shorter wires for the crystal connections.

The yellow wire is not connected to the GND pin. I have shortened the green wire from the resonator to the same length as the red one. It still does not work. By the way what are the pins to power the atmega328?

Is the crystal connected to the correct pins?
They should be 9 and10.
Power is 7, 8, 22 and 20 check here Virtuabotix is under construction
8 and 22 are Gnd, 7 and 20 are +5V

You must use the shortest possible connections to crystal and ground on a breadboard, that means the capacitors straight to the ground rail (not via a long jumper wire, that's awful for noise-pickup). The crystal should plug in right next to the chip. There should be no jumpers at all for the oscillator components, basically - the oscillator is a low energy oscillator and thus fairly sensitive to nearby wiring, so small and neat is good.

Ditto for the chip decoupling capacitors (0.1uF ceramic). Keep the capacitor leads short as possible yet still able to span the relevant pins directly. Connect the two ground pins with a short lead that hops over the middle of the chip, same for Vcc.

For short leads you usually have to make your own from mono-strand insulated wire (0.6 to 0.7mm diameter tinned copper or so is good)

I shortened the length of the wires from the 16mhz resonator to the atmega328 and it works great! I was wondering though how frequent is the 'L' led suppose to blink?

In the future, please consider resampling your images to something about 1000 pixels wide.

Glad you got things figured out. Even the inductance of a small loop of wire can upset a high frequency circuit, as you’ve seen.