basic arduino anemometer

Hi,
I want to make a basic anemometer that can count the speed of wind via transducers. Direction is not important. I attached the principle of the project below. If the wind comes from left, the signal from the sender tranducer will be transmitted right side of the middle point. If comes from right,will be transmitted to left transducers. Each transducer represent speed. For example if I send 8 m/s wind from left, ultrasonic waves only transmitted to right 1st transducer, if 16 m/s transmitted to right 2nd transducer. If 12 m/s both transducers will be affected equally.I don't have much experience with arduino. I don't have any idea right now, if you have please help. THANKS

http://imgur.com/l49DRxB heres attachment

Another normally used method in ultrasonic anemometer application is angle of arrival (AOA) [1]. Instead of using the time as a parameter, it uses the arrival signal angle as parameter.
AOA method can only be applied in two-dimensional or three-dimensional anemometer. In this method, the wind speed is determined by the received signal strength and the direction is determined by the received signal directions. Wind will change the received strength and angle. By comparing the no wind signal strength and no wind received signal angle, the wind velocity can be measured. Figure 4 illustrates the AOA method. T is the transmitter and R is the receiver. The line is the detected angle when there is no wind. The dotted line is the angle when wind blows. The length of the dotted line stands for the received signal strength. The little short line is the detected wind velocity, containing both speed and direction information.

Well, what have you tried, so far?

For example if I send 8 m/s wind from left, ultrasonic waves only transmitted to right 1st transducer,

Not true. Sound waves don't propagate in the way that you imagine.

I made this as some part of my senior project.I tried to make https://soldernerd.com/2014/11/14/arduino-ultrasonic-anemometer-part-1-getting-started/. I faced with so many problems, too much complicated for me, I haven't achieved to work it. So I thought something like that maybe work. I have 2 weeks left and I don't know what to do. I haven't tried anything about this design. I am in panic right now. I don't need something complicated, just a basic anemometer.

coloba:
I made this as some part of my senior project.I tried to make https://soldernerd.com/2014/11/14/arduino-ultrasonic-anemometer-part-1-getting-started/. I faced with so many problems, too much complicated for me, I haven't achieved to work it. So I thought something like that maybe work. I have 2 weeks left and I don't know what to do. I haven't tried anything about this design. I am in panic right now. I don't need something complicated, just a basic anemometer.

A basic anemometer is a small DC electric motor with the armature turned by a 3 cup wind catcher. A DC meter to measure the dc current produced by the motor.

I am just finishing an anemometer that uses the 3 cup wind catcher to rotate a magnet above a reed relay. The relay closes twice per rotation of the wind catcher.

The Ardiuno interrupt counts the reed relay closures. Once a second the program checks to see how many counts have accumulated and computes and displays the wind speed on a LCD display.

I am sure there must be other types of anemometers that could be built.

Paul

Thank you Paul. I forgot to say it must be an ultrasonic anemometer.

coloba:
Thank you Paul. I forgot to say it must be an ultrasonic anemometer.

OK. Two weeks, 24 hours per day is not much time! You seem to have tried something. Do you have the transducers? Are you able to get them to emit a pulse of sound? Are you able to receive that sound? How do you have them connected to the Arduino?

An approach to the problem is to first be able to emit and then receive the sound pulse. Did you get this far?

Paul

From your initial description, you did not even bother to read the brief explanation for how ultrasonic anemometers like this work. No wonder you are having trouble!