Basic Help for Real Newbie urgently required

Hi

For years I have resisted learning programming languages but now I have discovered the Arduino, I’d like to learn more.

I have built an 8x40 LED panel (Five 8x8 modules) and connected them to an Uno using five Max 7219s. As I volunteer for various charities for traffic control and spectator safety, I wish to use this matrix in the car. I have used the MD Parola library and scrolling messages work perfectly and I have a number of ‘set’ messages that scroll across the display panel. So far so good.

There are, however, two issues. One is that the Parola messages are too dim to be seen clearly during the day and I cannot work out where to insert the SetIntensity parameters to make it brighter! Second is that I believe the displays will be more effective with single words appearing on the screen, one after the other. These would be aligned centrally, appear instantly, display for a set time to be replaced by the next word before starting the process again.

I know that this is really basic stuff but I appear to have a total block on how to create this sketch and, as I have an event coming up very soon, I’d just like to find one example that would work for me, use it on the day, and then figure out how it all works afterwards!!

My sketches are all basically the same, apart from a different message.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Caution_-_Runners_in_Road_LC.ino (4.37 KB)

Does “urgently” mean that you wish your question to be answered before the questions of other people?

Does not seem nice to me.

Be patient.

…R

If it’s urgent, why didn’t you maximise those capable of helping by actually posting your code?

Robin2. No, I was not trying to 'jump the queue'. I'm saddened by the fact that you have obviously come to that conclusion but apologise if that's what you thought.

GrooveFlotilla. I thought that by attaching the code that was sufficient. My bad.

PeterCurtis:
Robin2. No, I was not trying to 'jump the queue'. I'm saddened by the fact that you have obviously come to that conclusion but apologise if that's what you thought.

GrooveFlotilla. I thought that by attaching the code that was sufficient. My bad.

Attaching the code is definitely sufficient - for larger pieces of code it is the only way in fact

For people on laptops or PC, attaching is fine.
For people on mobile devices, not so good.

I think the posting guidelines may mention this.

PeterCurtis:
I'm saddened by the fact that you have obviously come to that conclusion

Then I'm not sure what you intended me to conclude from your use of the word "urgently"

...R