Basic Light -> Voltage Sensor Help (Very Basic)

I am looking to use OP800A sensor and OP133 IR Emitter (Mouser) as a break beam type sensor for measuring the speed of a ping pong ball cannon. The velocity is well over Mach 2 and we need the fast response time of this sensor.

I'm a mechanical engineer so only understand the very basics of this sort of stuff. Could someone please translate collector, emitter, base, etc. to +/- and signal??? I've done some Googling and I think I did it right but the sensor is not responding at all and the IR Emitter is just getting really hot.

Plan on using a standard LIPO battery at 3.7V for this most basic circuit. Monitoring of the sensors is done by a digital o-scope.

I've used the TSL252R in the past for a similar application but those are obsolete. There are some being sold on EBay, etc. but they DO NOT have anywhere near the response time of the ones I got 3 years ago and will not work.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled “How to use this Forum”.
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Have you googled

arduino chronograph

Tom… :slight_smile: