Basic networking advice needed

Hi there,

I just got started with Arduino and would like to network some 6 Arduino boards, preferably wireless.
Here’s the set-up:
1 master board simply sends a clock-signal, e.g. every 2 seconds and the 5 slave boards wait for that signal before they execute certain code to activate local electronics.
What’s the most simple way to achieve this? All Arduinos are in one room with the longest distance less then 30ft. They are not line-of-sight, though because they are hidden in different parts of a kinetic sculpture.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Erwin

Hi there,

I just got started with Arduino and would like to network some 6 Arduino boards, preferably wireless. Here's the set-up: 1 master board simply sends a clock-signal, e.g. every 2 seconds and the 5 slave boards wait for that signal before they execute certain code to activate local electronics. What's the most simple way to achieve this? All Arduinos are in one room with the longest distance less then 30ft. They are not line-of-sight, though because they are hidden in different parts of a kinetic sculpture.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Erwin

I don't know why you think you need so many Ardy boards. Why not use one to control everything since everything seems to be in one room?

You seem to be making your solution unnecessarily hard.

Catweazle NZ

I would probably have the clients read from the server versus sending to the clients, this way they can all read the same info at the same time. Using the webserver you can also watch and see what the clients are seeing.

Using the webserver example

client.println(F("clientname,pin1,pin2,pin3,etc")); example: client.println(F("ar34,0,1,0,1,1"));

looks like this on the webpage

ar34,0,1,0,1,1 ar36,1,1,0,1,0

on the client arduino, set each one up with a unique name (the sd card would probably work best)

have it go read from the server and based on the clientname it knows which line is its.

so the client can also send data to the server and update the server with its current status

so if you have multiple clients then the server can post the info for all of them at the same time and the clients only parse the info that pertains to them.

hope that makes sense.

jasit

Over that sort of distance, nRF24L01+ transceivers would be your cheapest bet for the wireless solution - but if a wired solution is feasible this would lead to a much simpler solution..

@erwinredl, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.